Wednesday, August 31, 2005

ROMAC

ROMAC Eastern Region Meeting by Peter Shea

On Saturday the 27th August, at Rotary Down Under, I attended a meeting of ROMAC. I have always been impressed by the miracles of the surgical teams that have attended to the almost unbelievable problems that some young children have to contend with in their lives.

At this meeting, I witnessed another mircale and that was the organisational and management skills and dedication that is necessary for the surgical miracles to happen.

I intended to take my camera and take a photo of the Rotarians present at the meeting. I travelled down from Nambuca Heads on Friday evening and after visiting family on Saturday morning, driving a son-in-law half way across Sydney. After these family committments I left for the meeting but got stuck in real traffic congestion and from then on was running late, got flustered and forgot the camera.

I will try to do better next time.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind each Community Service Director to give due consideration to supporting ROMAC in the Rotary year 2005-2006.

For more information contact Lloyd Roever on 02 96306974 or roever@bigpond.com.au
or Phill Isaacs 61 408 966173 or pisaacs@bigpond.net.au