Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Gone Fishing


Gone Fishing----by Peter Shea

My apologies for not getting this article up for publication earlier. My wife and I have been on a retirement holiday in, Spain, the Mediterranean, Thailand and now Vietnam. I was hoping to manage the blog while traveling but it has not worked out that way until being located in Phrae Thailand. The cost of blogging while on Cruise was about $50.00 an hour, $US.50 a minute and some hotels in Spain not much better.

We are staying in a hotel over an extended period of time, while visiting family, this hotel is owned by a Rotarian who also has a computer business and has set us up with all the equipment I need, for $6.00 a day, including all day use of computer and free access to internet. I noticed in the Bangkok Post, there is an acticle from one of the journalist complaining about the big flashy hotels charging exhorbinate rates for internet usage. Our Host is to be congratulated for his service to travellers.

I won't be back in Australia until mid October and so won't have any further blogs until then.

The Rotary club that meets at PhoomThaiGarden Hotel Phrae, Thailand has just completed a friendship exchange to Alaska and are very keen to come to Australia.

So until I get back to the land of Oz this site will remain much as it is.